Frequently Asked Questions
1. How and where are the shoes made?
All our shoes are crafted using the Goodyear Welted construction method - regarded as the best method for quality, durability and longevity - in our workshop in Spain from start to completion. Additionally, all shoes are made specifically to order for each client.
2. What type of leather is used and where are they sourced from?
We carefully select premium quality leather from a handful of renowned tanneries in Europe - our calf leather originating from Italy and Spain whilst our suede leather is sourced from Germany.
3. What makes Huntsman shoes better than most readily available shoes in the market (i.e. mass-produced)?
This list could go on and on but the two most important differences are:
Construction - Our shoes are made using the Goodyear Welted construction method, in simple terms they're built using the best and most durable techniques (i.e. Ferrari vs [insert inferior car brand here]) whilst most shoes in the market are normally constructed by gluing/cementing the bottom sole with the body of the shoe, which results in splitting and requires very frequent and costly replacement.
Quality of leather - We use premium quality leather carefully selected from renowned tanneries in Europe. This is another aspect where most mass-produced shoes try to cut costs in by using poor quality leather (if that) that wears down very quickly.
Durability - Our shoes are crafted to go the distance and serve you for a long time. We see our shoes as an investment whilst most brands seek to profit from more frequent replacement (shame).
4. What should I do if I am unsure about my size?
Not a worry! Our Sizing and Fit Guide outlines the simple steps to help determine the right fit for you. It's tried and tested to provide peace of mind. You can also send us an email at email@example.com for any further details.
5. What is the approximate production and delivery time?
All orders are specifically crafted for each client. Although this process involves a little more time, we believe that all good things are worth the wait - especially considering the years of service our shoes are expected to provide.
We generally expect all orders to be received within 5 to 6 weeks. To ensure that you receive your order as soon as possible, we ship using DHL Express Shipping.
6. How much does delivery cost?
Free, nothing, on the house - you're welcome :)
7. Am I able to return an order?
Yes, we accept exchange or refund requests on all orders that are not personalised (i.e. no engraving) and if the following standard conditions are met:
- The item must be in a new, unused and unworn condition (tip: when trying your shoes on, please do so on a carpet)
- The item must be returned in all of its original packaging in an undamaged condition
Store credit of the paid value will be issued for all accepted returns (valid for 12 months).
8. Who covers the return postage cost?
If you pay with PayPal, they will cover the return postage cost up to $45. You just have to follow the simple steps below:
1. Activate PayPal Refunded Returns service in your PayPal account (before you make the purchase)
2. If you would like to return your order, just simply post it back to us as per the instructions above
3. Fill in the online form in your PayPal account, requesting your return postage to be refunded. Add your receipt as proof of postage (this must be completed within 30 days of return and 150 days of purchase)
4. If accepted, PayPal will refund the postage cost to your PayPal account within 5 business days
Please check your eligibility for this service by visiting PayPal Free returns site.
Otherwise, we will not be responsible for the return postage cost.